If you’re not sure what all those letters mean – we are the Public Relations Student Society of America at Grand Valley State University. Today, PRSSA has more than 10,000 members in 300 plus chapters on college campuses across the country. It is recognized as the most prestigious public relations organization for students in the country.
The student society aims to foster the following:
- Understanding of current theories and procedures of the profession
- Appreciation of the highest ethical ideals and principles
- Awareness of an appropriate professional attitude
- Appreciation of Associate Membership in PRSA and accredited membership
What’s in it for me?
- Networking with other PR students from North & South America
- Professional development: resume critique, mentorships & more
- Exclusive internship offers & job hook-ups
- Real-world experience with GrandPR & other local PR firms
- PRSA Associate membership at graduation: dues are $60 vs. $225
- PRSA professional luncheons and socials
- Chapter events: agency tours, restaurant nights & socials
- Travel to Detroit, Chicago & Orlando this semester